Our program at a glance:
Aim: The mobilization of seniors residing permanently in Non-Profit Care Homes (NPCHE), through regular contact with high-school students, as well as the training and empowering of caregivers and staff of the NPCHE in relation to the prevention and treatment of geriatric syndromes, offered by the members of the Postgraduate Program (PGP) “Physiology of Aging and Geriatric Syndromes” of the Medical School of NKUA, in the context of CIVIS Open Labs .
Beneficiaries: Seniors residing in NPCHE who participate in the program and caregivers and staff of said NPCHE, with the ultimate goal to improve the daily life and quality of life of seniors.
When: October 2021-December 2022
Where: Attica and Cyclades
General InformationEuropean Civic University CIVIS – Co-funded by Erasmus + TIMA Charitable Foundation Implemented in collaboration with: Postgraduate Program “Physiology of Aging and Geriatric Syndromes” of the Medical School of the National and Kapodistrian University of Athens (NKUA), in the context of Open Labs of the European Civic University CIVIS.
Collaborating Partners5 Non-Profit Care Homes for the Elders 4 Schools Participation of 37 Volunteers:
- 22 High-School Students
- 7 Middle School Students
- 4 adult volunteers
- 4 volunteers – PGP Students of the Medical school of NKUA
- 50 hourly meetings between Students and Seniors in 4 NPCHE
- 8 hourly seminars conducted by the members of PGP “Physiology of Aging and Geriatric Syndromes” to the caregivers of 5 NPCHE
- 157.000 gloves in 5 NPCHE
- 20 Specialized equipment, as a free courtesy from the NKUA, in the 4 NPCHE in Attica